I VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any information you may provide through this site when you purchase a product or service, or sign up to my newsletter.
By providing me with your data in any form, you warrant to me that you are over 13 years of age.
Charlotte Saint Jean & earth school is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
If you have any questions about, or are unhappy with, the ways in which I collect and use your data, please contact me via the email address above.
‘Personal data’ means any information capable of identifying a particular individual.
I may collect certain types of personal data about you including:
- Identity Data may include your first and last name.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address.
- Financial Data All purchases pass through secure third-party systems; I do not collect any financial data other than your email and postal address when you make a purchase through this website.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments and purchases made by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include the data you provide for the purpose of receiving newsletters from me.
I do not collect any sensitive data about you. ‘Sensitive data’ refers to data that may include details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic and biometric data, criminal convictions and offences.
I collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on my site or by communicating with me by post, email or other direct communication method, including when you order my products or services, or subscribe to my newsletter;
- Contact and Transaction Data from providers of payment services.
I only use your personal data when legally permitted, and for the following purposes:
- For effecting the contract between us (ie supply of goods and services)
- To send you the email newsletters you’ve subscribed to
- For compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation (eg tax reporting)
I do not store your personal information in any databases which are external to the original source.
If you sign up for an online course, your name and email address will be entered into an email mailing list for provision of that course (MailChimp). If you sign up for a workshop, retreat, or other in-person event, your name and email address will be held in an email mailing list for information about that event, which will be permanently deleted on completion of the event.
You will receive marketing communications from me ONLY if you have personally subscribed to my newsletter using the link on my website. You may unsubscribe at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any newsletter, and your data will automatically be removed from the list by email service providers MailChimp.
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below, and only for the purposes described:
- Service providers such as MailChimp (for newsletter provision), and Stripe or Paypal (for payment transactions).
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors or insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Governmental regulators and authorities based in Ireland, the UK and any other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of income, customs, or related information.
I will require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I will only allow ever such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
Appropriate security measures are in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, or altered or otherwise disclosed. I limit access to your personal data to those agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. All such data is considered confidential.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I originally collected it for, and for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or other legislated reporting requirements.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can find out about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at charlotte [at]yogachezmoi[dot]com.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling these connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and consequently am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave this website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every other website you visit.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies.